4.17.2005

Merde

Argh, les examens. Je n'ai que ça dans ma tête et pourtant, je n'arrive pas à me concentrer. Tout me passe à travers. J'ai envie de hurler.
Merde....
Maybe if I cut and paste things, I'll remember them...
- The GPCR G-Protein is a heterotrimeric 7-transmembrane protein. After a ligand binds to the receptor the following sequence of events occurs:
o Conformational change
o The alpha subunit (which was attached to the membrane via merystilation) dissociates from the beta-gamma subunit (which was attached to the membrane via prenylation).
o Each subunit then detaches from the membrane, and signals other pathways to commence.
o In order to reform the complex, a weak enzymatic activity within the alpha subunit causes the GTP to exchange itself with a GDP which switches the protein off.


um...no.
DOH!!! *Ynes goes in a corner and cries like Homer does when there are no more Polish sausages. then runs downstairs to eat everything in her fridge*

5 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

yes, i come visit every.
tranlate plz.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Y said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Y said...

Translation goes:
Shit.
Argh, exams. I only have that on my mind and yet I can't concentrate. Everything goes right through me. I want to scream.
Shit...

1:51 PM  
Blogger A. D. said...

Ah, good ol' G-protein coupled receptors...

Good luck with the crazy memorization. I've been there. Not exciting....

1:02 PM  
Blogger Y said...

aah. all that memorization to get on the exam so exhausted as to confuse juxtacrine with paracrine and ortholog with homolog.
but but ,...I knew the alphaG was meristylated to the membrane and the beta gammaG-ptn was prenylated..
at this rate, i will be bald very soon...:(

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home