5.10.2005


The last time I drew something for Mother's day was when I was 12. I haven't seriously sat down and drawn ever since. It's sad because I haven't improved at all even though so many years have passed, but...meh... mothers are able to appreciate anything you give them...that's a big fat lie but oh well.
I'm tired. It's been a magnificent day. I swallowed the sun, drank too much coffee, people watched, scribbled too much in my journal, read Season of Migration to the North (I absolutely have to write about this novel later), became social again and I fell in love...with my English translation class. Where else would I hear a joke like:
A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.
Why? asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
I’m a panda, he says, at the door. Look it up.
The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation.
Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.


*geeky chuckle* yup, i'm nerdy like that.

Anyhow, have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy those sacré French cartoonists? here

Alright, I'm off to bed...zzz

3 Comments:

Blogger diemmen said...

That joke is the basis of a book by I don't remember who called "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" about punctuation. I haven't read it, but I should.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Y said...

damn it david, i'm trying to be all esoteric and stuff..haha riiight..
yeah, it was an UK best seller written by Lynne Truss.

X_x

7:51 AM  
Blogger Y said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home